|Latitude 5420 | 5420-1705|
|EN - 204 Manual (PDF), EN - 103 Manual (PDF), EN - 39 Manual (PDF), EN - 25 Manual (PDF), EN - 159 (PDF)|
|Processor family||Intel® Core™ i5|
|Processor boost frequency||3.2 GHz|
|System bus rate||5 GT/s|
|Processor socket||Socket 988|
|Motherboard chipset||Intel® HM65 Express|
|Processor frequency||2.5 GHz|
|Processor cache type||Smart Cache|
|Processor cache||3 MB|
|Processor front side bus||- MHz|
|Processor lithography||32 nm|
|Processor operating modes||64-bit|
|Processor codename||Sandy Bridge|
|ECC supported by processor||✗|
|Thermal Design Power (TDP)||35 W|
|Processor series||Intel Core i5-2500 Mobile Series|
|Maximum number of PCI Express lanes||16|
|PCI Express slots version||2.0|
|PCI Express configurations||1x16, 2x8, 1x8+2x4|
|CPU multiplier (bus/core ratio)||25|
|Processor generation||2nd gen Intel® Core™ i5|
|Internal memory||4 GB|
|Internal memory type||DDR3-SDRAM|
|Memory clock speed||1333 MHz|
|Memory slots||2x SO-DIMM|
|Maximum internal memory||8 GB|
|Total storage capacity||500 GB|
|Number of HDDs installed||1|
|HDD capacity||500 GB|
|HDD speed||7200 RPM|
|Card reader integrated||✓|
|Optical drive type||-|
|Display diagonal||14 "|
|Display resolution||- pixels|
|Graphics card family||Intel|
|Infrared data port||✗|
|AC adapter included||✓|
|On-board graphics card model||Intel® HD Graphics 3000|
|Discrete graphics card model||Not available|
|On-board graphics card base frequency||650 MHz|
|On-board graphics card dynamic frequency (max)||1300 MHz|
|On-board graphics card ID||0x116|
|On-board graphics card||✓|
|Discrete graphics card||✗|
|On-board graphics card family||Intel® HD Graphics|
|Number of built-in speakers||2|
|Ethernet LAN data rates||10,100,1000 Mbit/s|
Ports & interfaces
|USB 2.0 ports quantity||4|
|USB 3.2 Gen 1 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity||0|
|eSATA/USB 2.0 ports quantity||1|
|eSATA/USB 3.2 Gen 1 (3.1 Gen 1) ports quantity||0|
|eSATA ports quantity||0|
|VGA (D-Sub) ports quantity||1|
|HDMI ports quantity||1|
|Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports||1|
|Firewire (IEEE 1394) ports||1|
|Thunderbolt ports quantity||0|
|S/PDIF out port||✗|
|CardBus PCMCIA slots quantity||0|
|CardBus PCMCIA slot type||✗|
|Charging port type||DC-in jack|
|Operating system installed||Windows 7 Professional|
|Battery technology||Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)|
|Battery life (max)||- h|
Processor special features
|Intel® Wireless Display (Intel® WiDi)||✓|
|Intel® My WiFi Technology (Intel® MWT)||✓|
|Intel® Anti-Theft Technology (Intel® AT)||✓|
|Intel® Hyper Threading Technology (Intel® HT Technology)||✓|
|Intel® Turbo Boost Technology||2.0|
|Intel® Clear Video HD Technology (Intel® CVT HD)||✓|
|Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology||✓|
|Intel® Quick Sync Video Technology||✓|
|Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology||✓|
|Intel Clear Video Technology||✗|
|Intel Flex Memory Access||✓|
|Intel® Smart Cache||✓|
|Intel® AES New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)||✓|
|Intel Trusted Execution Technology||✓|
|Intel Enhanced Halt State||✓|
|Intel VT-x with Extended Page Tables (EPT)||✓|
|Intel Demand Based Switching||✗|
|Intel® Clear Video Technology for Mobile Internet Devices (Intel CVT for MID)||✗|
|Execute Disable Bit||✓|
|Thermal Monitoring Technologies||✓|
|Processor package size||37.5 x 37.5 (rPGA988B); 31 x 24 (BGA1023) mm|
|Supported instruction sets||AVX|
|CPU configuration (max)||1|
|Embedded options available||✗|
|Graphics & IMC lithography||32 nm|
|Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d)||✓|
|Intel Identity Protection Technology version||1.00|
|Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x)||✓|
|Intel Dual Display Capable Technology||✓|
|Intel FDI Technology||✓|
|Intel Rapid Storage Technology||✗|
|Integrated 4G WiMAX||✓|
|Intel Fast Memory Access||✓|
|Processor ARK ID||52229|
|Intel® Identity Protection Technology (Intel® IPT)||✓|
Weight & dimensions
|Height (front)||29.9 mm|
|Height (rear)||32.5 mm|
|Sustainability certificates||EPEAT Gold, ENERGY STAR|
Take your office wherever you go with the redesigned Dell Latitude™ E5420. This laptop is built for the new mobile business class with the durability, productivity, security and easy manageability you’ve come to expect from the Latitude E-Family laptops.
- Productive mobility with 14" HD, WLED screen
- Optional backlit keyboard for outstanding productivity in low-light settings
- Available with four, six and nine cell battery options to suit your mobile computing needs
Redesigned for work in your world
The redesigned Latitude™ E5420 is ideal for professionals looking for a budget-friendly blend of mobility and at-your-desk computing.
Ready for whatever your work might dish out, this highly durable laptop is stylishly armored top to bottom with a hard-wearing Tri-Metal™ design, including an anodized brushed aluminum display back, reinforced steel hinges, a magnesium alloy internal frame and zinc alloy latches. The Latitude E5420 is also equipped with a protective LCD seal, 360-degree bumper for added screen protection and a spill-resistant keyboard that can outlast the bumps and spills of everyday work.
You can enjoy outstanding productivity with the optional backlit1 keyboard, ideal for in-flight use or in low-light settings, and a wide array of long-life battery options to help keep productivity in full swing.
Lastly, as a member of the Latitude E-Family, the E5420 provides go-anywhere productivity, confident security and efficient manageability in a built-to-last, durable design — all that you’ve come to expect from the Latitude “E.”
Design that’s built to last
Doing business today means working anytime, anywhere. You need a laptop to keep up with your work style. Latitude™ E-Family laptops combine world-class design with durability to perform, wherever business takes you.
- Look sharp while working hard, thanks to the Dell Tri-Metal™ design with an anodized brushed aluminum LCD finish.
- Worry less about making a mess with the spill-resistant keyboard and LCD protective seal that helps to form a barrier around your LCD panel when closed.
- Appreciate the fine details, from strong steel hinges and zinc alloy display latch to the durable powder-coated underside that helps guard against nicks and scratches.
Get long-lasting power and performance to make your job easier, whether you are in the office or on the road. Latitude™ E-Family laptops are built with your business in mind, offering great features to help increase productivity.
- Stay productive with a variety of battery life options, including a 4-cell, 6-cell, 9-cell and 9-cell (97Wh) 3-year limited hardware warranty Lithium Ion battery options.
- Multitask at the speed of business with Intel® Core™ processor options, high-bandwidth DDR3 memory.
- Communicate effectively worldwide with built-in webcam, array microphones that help provide better sound quality and a high-performing antenna for ideal mobile broadband connections.
- Work in your comfort zone with 180-degree LCD movement.
- Type anywhere with the only commercial laptop to offer a backlit keyboard1 option.
Enjoy seamless integration into your IT environment and rest easy knowing that Latitude™ E-Family laptops — and your company data — are secure and protected anywhere in the world.
Management made easy
Manage and maintain your fleet of Latitude™ E-Family laptops with ease from planning and deploying to ongoing maintenance and support.
- Confidently plan future product roll-outs with Dell Latitude’s long life cycles, transitions and ImageWatch™ advance look at software and hardware changes.
- Upgrade or service key components conveniently via one single access door.
- Save time and money with Dell KACE™ easy to use systems management appliances.
- Know you have a partner with Dell for maintaining and supporting your systems with a wide range of customizable and globally focused service and support options